(U.S. SENATE) – Senator Jon Tester today announced that he will hold a jobs forum at Montana State University in Bozeman on Friday, September 30.
The panel will examine how university research, especially research funded through federal investment, benefits Montana’s economy and puts people to work. Many of Montana’s growing technology companies have gotten their start from such research.
Tester’s roundtable will run from 9:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. in Rooms 233 and 235 of the Strand Student Union Building.
Tester, chairman of the Senate’s Economic Policy Subcommittee, will host three panel discussions, followed by a question and answer session with the audience after each panel.
Panel 1 – University Research and Job Creation
· Rebecca Mahurin, Ph.D., Director, Montana State University Technology Transfer Office – Bozeman
· Joe Fanguay, Director, University of Montana Office of Technology Transfer – Missoula
· Dr. Joseph Shaw, Director and Professor, Optical Technology Center, Montana State University – Bozeman
· Dave Poulson, Center for Structural and Functional Neuroscience, University of Montana – Missoula
Panel 2 – Federally Funded Research and Capital Formation
· Will Sweringen, Executive Director, TechLink Center – Bozeman
· Marti Edler, Counselor, Montana Technology Innovation Partnership – Helena
· John O’Donnell, Partner at Montlake Capital and TechRanch Founder – Bozeman
· Evan Barrett, Chief Business Officer, Governor’s Office of Economic Development – Innovate Montana – Helena
· John Tyler, Vice President and General Counsel, Kauffman Foundation – Kansas City, Missouri
· Trevor Loy, General Partner, Flywheel Ventures – Santa Fe, New Mexico
Panel 3 – Montana Success Stories – Growing Businesses
· James Stephens, Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer, Blue Marble Energy – Missoula
· Jere Kolstad, President & CFO, Rivertop Renewables – Missoula
· Pete Roos, CEO, Bridger Photonics – Bozeman
· Robert Hyatt, Program Manager, Center for Advanced Mineral and Metallurgical Processing – Butte
· Craig Wilkins, Executive Vice President, ZincAir – Kalispell
· Larry Hall, President and General Manager, S&K Electronics – Ronan
The September 30 forum is free and open to the public.
Contact: Aaron Murphy (406) 252-0550 or Andrea Helling (202) 228-0371