One of the best learning and networking opportunities in a decade for area entrepreneurs, small technology firms and start-ups will take place in Bozeman on August 17th and 18th.
The Greater Yellowstone Regional Entrepreneurship and SBIR/STTR Summit (http://GYRES.mt.gov) is a two-day summit for innovators, entrepreneurs, researchers, and small business operators to meet with and learn from key leaders in government, industry, academia and the legal profession, who collectively support small business innovation and funding.
· Federal agency SBIR/STTR Program managers from the Air Force, Navy, Missile Defense Agency, USDA, DOE, Homeland Security, Transportation, EPA, NASA, NOAA, NIST and NSF will be presenting Tuesday morning and meeting individually with potential program applicants. These agencies make up the bulk of the $2.5 billion annual small business set-aside SBIR/STTR programs, from which over 100 innovative Montana firms have won over $175 million in non-dilutive capital. This is the first time in a decade such a federal contingent has been present in the region. A representative from the US Patent & Trade Office (USPTO) will also present. Their Bozeman stop is part of the national SBIR Road Tour.
· Governor Steve Bullock will be the keynote speaker for the Tuesday luncheon.
· Nationally recognized SBIR and federal contracting legal expert David Metzger will speak on “SBIR Data Rights: One Path to Wealth.”
· For any small business CFO¹s and accounting professionals who want to work with federal contracting opportunities, theDCAA (Defense Contract Audit Agency) Small Business Program Manager, Sherry Kobus, and Ryan Mavin, DCAA Supervisory Auditor, will be leading six full hours of informational and training sessions.
· Companies wanting to take advantage of valuable export opportunities will be able to learn more from theInternational Trade Administration, and state supporting organizations.
· Learn about business finance options from the Small Business Administration.
· Find out how to be much more successful in federal, state and local government contracting from one of the top Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) professionals in the nation, Jeff Cuskey.
· You¹ll have the opportunity to hear from and meet with representatives of major Prime Contractors, including Boeingand Lockheed Martin (confirmed). Invited speakers also include representatives from Raytheon and Northrop Grumman.
· A panel of successful regional small businesses will share their stories to help you better understand how to use SBIR/STTR funding for start-up and rapid growth.
· You¹ll also learn from leaders in university/industry collaboration and partnering, Blackstone LaunchPad, SBIR experts, and more!
Download the current agenda at the registration website: http://GYRES.mt.gov
Additional information is available at http://techlinkcenter.org/
Early registrants gain access to all of these great resources, along with breakfast, lunch, snacks and Monday evening social networking event, all for the registration fee of just $40.00, thanks to generous sponsorships.
For those needing hotel reservations, a block of rooms at a special discount conference rate has been set aside at the conference hotel, theGranTree Inn (406/587-5261), but that block expires July 18th. Mention “SBIR Road Tour.” Hotel rooms in Bozeman can book up very quickly during summer tourist season.