- This event has passed.
Apply for NCATS SBIR/STTR Funding by Sept. 5
August 2, 2018 @ 8:00 am - September 5, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
Prepare Your 2018 Omnibus Solicitation Application for
Small Business Innovation Research and Technology Transfer Grants
Application deadline: Sept. 5, 2018, 5:00 p.m. local time
The National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) at the National Institutes of Health invites small businesses to apply for funding through the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) 2018 Omnibus Grant Solicitations:
NCATS encourages applications that address a range of focus areas relevant to any stage of translation, from target validation through pre-clinical and clinical evaluation, to intervention implementation and dissemination, including:
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Biomedical, Clinical and Health Research Informatics
- Clinical, Dissemination and Implementation Research
The deadline to apply is Sept. 5, 2018, 5:00 p.m. local time.
Benefits of Applying:
- Funding is stable, predictable and not a loan
- Capital is non-dilutive
- Small businesses retain intellectual property rights
- NIH’s rigorous peer-review provides recognition, validation and visibility to early-stage companies
- Prestige associated with these awards can help attract more funding or other support (e.g., venture capital, strategic partners)
Tips for Applying:
- Clear all administrative requirements: Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements and complete all required registrations prior to submission. Register your small business with Grants.gov, SAM.gov, and the NIH eRA Commons as soon as possible. Principal Investigators must also individually register with NIH eRA Commons. Those eligible to certify as a Women Owned Small Business (WOSB) should obtain the WOSB designation.
- Build and submit a strong application: Follow the SBIR/STTR Application Guide to ensure proper grant application content and format. Applicants may submit their application using ASSIST or the Grants.gov Workspace.
- Submit before the deadline: Don’t wait until the last minute! Start your submission process two to three months ahead.
Questions? NCATS encourages applicants to email NCATS-SBIRSTTR@mail.nih.gov to discuss potential project ideas and related questions. Visit our website to learn more about additional funding opportunities and resources, as well as eligibility requirements and research priorities.
NCATS’ SBIR and STTR programs are engines of innovation for developing and commercializing tools, technologies and intervention platforms to support the creation of new therapeutics and diagnostics. SBIR and STTR are government set-aside programs for domestic small businesses to engage in research and development that has the potential for commercialization and public benefit.