February 2nd Deadline
Rising Stars is a faculty career-development program that provides promising early-stage investigators from the WWAMI (Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho) region with a high-quality, targeted, and structured career development package for two years. The package includes components such as research funding up to $15,000, mentoring, peer-to-peer networking, and review services.
The Rising Stars Project seeks to:
- Increase the number of early-stage investigators who are successful in submitting and obtaining K or R-series funding from the NIH
- Provide structure and support to early-stage investigators to disseminate their research through publications and presentations
- Promote and attain long-term retention of Rising Stars in translational research
Chairs/Department Heads/Deans will nominate highly promising early-stage investigators from the WWAMI region who plan to conduct, or are conducting, clinical and translational research.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must meet these categories:
- Early-stage investigators from WWAMI-region ITHS partner institutions and universities.
- Publication track record
- At least one identified mentor at the time of application
- Department commitment to provide 10% to 20% release time for selected Rising Stars
- Project must have relevance to Clinical and/or Translational Research
February 2, 2015
April 30, 2015
Program start date:
Program end date:
May 31, 2017